Main Brands, Products & Services
HIWIN is a dedicated researcher, developer, and manufacturer of critical components for linear motion products. Our main products are ballscrews, linear guideways, rotary tables, special bearings, reducers, medical robots, and industrial robots. HIWIN, our selfown eponymous brand, sales worldwide. Established in 1989, HIWIN has always invested in innovation, including production development, manufacturing processes, equipments, production capacities, sales channels, services, and talent cultivation. Now, after years of effort, HIWIN is the second largest brand in linear motion control products.
HIWIN, the brand name, also represents Hi-tech Winner. The HIWIN brand hopes to convey that, “with us, you are a high-tech winner.” In other words, we hope when customers use HIWIN's precision motion products which can improves customer's added value, quality and performance, empowering customers to become “winners” in their respective industries. The name also represents our goal: HIWIN strives to become a “high-tech winner”that can upgrade Taiwan's industries and increase its competitiveness in the global market.
Brand Development and Management
HIWIN is HIWIN Technologies Corp.'s private brand. As of 2021, HIWIN has been trademarked and registered in 84 developed countries, including the U.S., Japan, Europe, etc,. HIWIN's trademark are also pending in four other countries. Our product line consists of ballscrews, linear guideways, special bearings, DATORKER® strain wave gear, rotary tables, and industrial robots. The HIWIN brand is 100% utilized rate.
Brand Development Strategies
- Fulfill ESG responsibilities and enhance the brand's image with the HIWIN mission in mind.
- Continue to innovate research and development as well as integrate marketing for mechatronic products, smart automated equipment, and system services to develop high-value-added products.
- Under one brand name HIWIN, develop and manage a wide range of products, and apply core technologies to new fields such as healthcare and energy.
- The HIWIN brand is available across global sales channels, which enables us to respond quickly to market demands, provide pre-and after-sales services, and deliver Total Solutions to create value for our customers.
Brand Development Investments
President Enid H.C. Tsai directly supervises HIWIN branding programs. The Planning Team, under the office of Chairman, collaborates with the Business Department and other units to promote and excuse these programs. Funding to support these efforts allocates 1~2% of HIWIN's annual revenue.
2017~2021 Investments in Brand Development
- Ratio (Investments in brand development/ Total revenue)
- In 2018, the HIWIN brand invested NT$255 million in brand development. Due to the drastic 38.85% increase in revenue, investments into brand development accounted for a smaller percentage in 2018. In 2020, the HIWIN brand drastically reduced international business trips and attendance at trade fairs around the world to protect employees from the global pandemic. As a result, trade fair expenses, travel expenses, and, therefore, brand development expenses, dropped considerably.
- In 2021, the pandemic eased and the HIWIN brand was able to invest more into brand development compared to 2020. As our revenue also increased, the percentage still dropped.
The HIWIN brand is highly reputable and has now become the second-largest brand for motion control and system technologies in the world. HIWIN has long invested in marketing the HIWIN brand, such as:
- Invested significant funding in web portals, professional technology forums, technology columns, professional journals, and digital media marketing in Taiwan and beyond. Global Website: www.hiwin.tw.
- Placed long-term HIWIN ads at Taiwan's Taoyuan Airport and HSR Stations, Germany's Offenburg Station and Stuttgart Airport, Japan's Shinkansen stations, Milan Metro stations, and China's Shanghai-Nanjing Expressway. HIWIN has also placed ads in professional publications from various countries, e.g., Germany, the U.S. (Design World), Japan (Sankei Shimbun, Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, and bmt), Italy, and South Korea. For marketing in the U.S., HIWIN also joined a new social media platform: LinkedIn. In 2021, HIWIN continued to place ads across the world. New ad spots include Singapore (ACMT Smart Molding Magazine) and Japan (MECT 2021). We also increased our ads at Milan Metro stations during the EMO Milano 2021 to highlight HIWIN's integrated electromechanical Total Solution services and products marketing, thereby increasing brand exposure.
HIWIN ad at Taoyuan Airport
HIWIN ad in a German magazine
HIWIN ad at Shin-Kobe Station in Japan
HIWIN ad at metro stations in Italy
HIWIN ads on the Shanghai-Nanjing Expressway (Shanghai-Suzhou section) in China
HIWIN ad in a Singaporean magazine
Innovative Added-Value Services
All machines are assembled from many parts and components. The critical components that HIWIN produces are the main and core elements of computerized precision equipment. In other words, machinery equipment manufacturers require HIWIN's critical components to assemble precision industrial equipment, fulfill their business mission, and increase their competitiveness. As such, our products and services help them contribute to mankind.
Since our founding, HIWIN has strived to become the best in our field. As a secondmover in the linear motion domain, challenging Made in Japan and Made in Germany brands was especially difficult with the Made in Taiwan brand. To increase our market share over competitors from advanced countries, HIWIN had to deliver high-value (high price-performance) products and develop our own differentiated advantage to gain customer trust and secure long-term orders.
HIWIN adopted differential thinking to provide integrated Total Solution services.
- Horizontal Integration & Synergy Management
- Collaborate with the upstream and downstream to develop production plans. Transition from providing after sales services after passively receiving orders to an open and interactive presales service.
- Bring together designers and researchers to co-develop designs, which helps customers gain a time-tomarket advantage.
- Continuous Innovation & Manufacturing Services
- Through in-house research and development, industry-academia cooperation, and acquiring key technologies, HIWIN continued to expand production lines to provide a robust offering of linear motion products and smart automation services to customers.
- Embraced the age of smart automation, providing an optimal workplace for industrial manufacturing and medical workers with the help of comprehensive robotic production lines.
- Helping Customers Achieve Smart Manufacturing
- Taiwan is export-oriented. In other words, the main driver for economic growth stems from exports. As such, HIWIN collaborated with industrial customers in Taiwan to promote smart manufacturing and smart factories to pave a new path for Taiwan's industries.
- HIWIN continued to invest in the smart automation market targeting factories and can now help customers save onethird in labor costs. We will continue to work closely with customers to increase the competitiveness in the industries.
- Maintaining Customer Relations
- HIWIN continued to satisfy customer demands for high-quality products by constantly perfecting manufacturing processes.
- Established subsidiaries and subsubsidiaries in Taiwan and globally to be closer to customers and provide better services. In 2021, HIWIN had subsidiaries, sub-subsidiaries, and labs in over 14 countries. We also have over 300 sales distribution locations around the world.
- Updating Website Interfaces to Align with User Preference
- HIWIN continued to perfect the Company website's user interface from the user's perspective to deliver a more intuitive and fast way for customers to look through our products.
HIWIN has strong connections with end customers and exerts significant influence over marketing policies, even for customers serviced by agents or distributors. Our solid relationship with end customers largely stems from long-term and stable marketing support to distributors. We collaborate with distributors long-term, e.g., attend trade fairs and visit customers with distributors, to jointly develop new sales channels and customers. As such, HIWIN has direct engagement and insight with end customers and markets. In addition, many distributors in medium or small emerging markets have to stock inventory for customers, take account receivables risks, and provide quick local services.
HIWIN Support, a technical support website, was revamped and relaunched in 2021
•Taiwan HQ & factories
•Overseas presence (subsidiaries, sub-subsidiaries, and labs)
HIWIN has service locations in all major industrialized nations around the world and subsidiaries, sub-subsidiaries, and R&D centers in advanced countries. We currently have a presence in 14 countries: Taiwan, the U.S., Japan, Germany, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Russia, Israel, South Korea, Singapore, Italy, China, France, and the U.K. We also have over 300 distribution locations around the world to be closer to customers and provide better services. Main service locations listed below:
- In September 1992, HIWIN founded the HIWIN Corporation USA in Chicago.
- In 2016, HIWIN Corporation USA commenced a factory expansion program to fulfill customer demands. The expansion was completed in March 2017.
- In 2020 Q1, the second automatic warehouse was completed.
In 2020 Q1, the second automatic warehouse was completed.
Germany & Czech Republic
- In April 1993, HIWIN founded the HIWIN GmbH (Germany).
- In 2001, HIWIN GmbH (Germany) funded and founded a sub-subsidiary: HIWIN S.R.O. (Czech).
- In 2014, HIWIN GmbH (Germany) expanded its factories to produce ballscrews and linear guideways, increase the electromechanical system intgrotion capacity, and launch a new automatic and shipping center, warehouse.
- On October 14, 2016, the HIWIN GmbH (Germany) celebrated the opening of its second factory.
- In 2022 Q4, HIWIN GmbH (Germany) drew up plans to build a new factory.
HIWIN GmbH (Germany) - Subsidiary
HIWIN S.R.O. (Czech) - Sub-subsidiary
- In October 1999, HIWIN founded HIWIN Japan in Kobe, with 10 business locations and 1 factory.
- In 2020, HIWIN established the Tokyo Robot Center to promote robot applications in factory automation in Japan. We showcased high-quality MIT products to help local manufacturers manage the impact of labor shortages from declining birth rates and an aging society.
- In May 2021, HIWIN broke grounds for a new factory at a science complex in Kobe's Hyogo prefecture. The new factory has a surface area of 25,000 square meters and is slated to be completed in May 2022. Its main products will be ballscrews, linear guideways, single-axis robots, automated robotic modules, industrial robotic arms, and coordinates robots. The new factory will also help expand our offering of electromechanical products and service capacities to local Japanese customers.
The groundbreaking ceremony for HIWIN Japan's new factory
Schematics of the new factory in Kobe
- Switzerland is the world's fifth largest market. In 1999, HIWIN GmbH (Germany) funded and founded the company Motion & Control. In 2014, Motion & Control was restructured into HIWIN Schweiz GmbH (Switzerland) as part of the Company's efforts to provide better services locally and expand our market presence in Switzerland, a country with the most advanced precision equipment.
- In December 2019, HIWIN commenced plans to increase holdings in HIWIN Schweiz GmbH (Switzerland). By the end of 2020, HIWIN increased consolidated holdings in HIWIN Schweiz GmbH (Switzerland) to 100% to advance electromechanical integration and provide faster services.
- In 2013, HIWIN GmbH (Germany) funded and founded HIWIN SRL (Italy), a subsubsidiary.
- In 2015, new factories and warehouses were built locally to provide customers with quick, real-time services.
- In 2017, HIWIN (the parent company in Taiwan) increased holdings to 94% to enhance management efficacy and customer service quality.
- In 2018, HIWIN (parent company in Taiwan) increased holdings to 100% to better roll out the group's strategies.
- In 2019, HIWIN SRL (Italy) acquired land for a new factory. Due to the pandemic, the new factory is still in the design and planning stage.
HIWIN SRL (Italy)
- In October 2013, HIWIN founded HIWIN Korea in Suwon City.
- In March 2017, HIWIN Korea opened a branch in Changwon City's Masan to offer customers quick and comprehensive services.
- In September 2020, HIWIN Korea received ISO 9001 certification.
- In July 2021, HIWIN Korea relocated and expanded the Suwon Office to include a Robot Show Room for customers visits and employees training.
- In August 2013, HIWIN founded HIWIN Singapore to fulfill local demands, enhance local production capacities, and develop sales channels into the ASEAN market.
- In 2018, HIWIN Singapore opened technical service locations in Kuala Lumpur and Penang, enhancing our service qualities.
- In 2019, HIWIN Singapore enhanced service and technical capabilities by introducing educational materials and courses on robotics.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, HIWIN Singapore supplied linear guideways to major medical factories in Singapore to produce RNA nucleic acid-based testing machines. HIWIN Singapore also opened a service location in Kuala Lumpur with model robots and offered educational training at the location.
- In 2021, HIWIN Singapore collaborated with the Thai-German Institute (TGI), an educational institute in Thailand, to train teachers to teach online ballscrew and guideway application courses. In 2022, the two parties came together to launch the HIWIN Electromechanical Product Training Center at TGI, facilitating crossborder industry-academia cooperation and industry upgrade in Thailand's precision finishing industry and automation industry. The collaboration also helped Thailand cultivate future talents.
- In April 2014, HIWIN founded HIWIN China in Suzhou Province.
- In November 2017, Suzhou Factory I was completed. The factory includes an operation headquarter, factory, logistics center, R&D center, and robot production line.
- In July 2019, construction for Suzhou Factory II commenced. Factory II was slated to be completed in 2020 Q2, but construction has been delayed by the pandemic. The factory was completed in 2022 Q1.
HIWIN China's Suzhou Factory I & II
- In June 2018, HIWIN acquired a 51% stake in Matrix Corp. and merged it into the HIWIN Corporation. The addition of Matrix Corp. expanded our capacity in the research, development, and manufacturing of machine tools, and enabled resource sharing within the Corporation for management synergy. In 2019, Matrix Corp. relocated to a new factory to increase production capacities.
Matrix Corp., Britain's largest manufacturer of thread grinding machines for ballscrews, joined the HIWIN Corporation
- In 2021, after the pandemic eased, India's GDP increased at an annual rate of 20.1% in 2021 Q2. If the economic recovery persists, Morgan Stanley predicts that India's GDP could increase at an annual rate of 9.3% in 2021 and 7.0% in 2022. HIWIN currently collaborates with four distributors and four system vendors in India to expand into different industries and fields. We strive to provide highquality and high-value services through electromechanical integration and to facilitate industry transformation and upgrades in India as we cultivate a stronger presence in the country.
- In 1998, HIWIN started collaborating with distributors to develop local sales channels out of Sao Paulo. HIWIN is now the best partner for industrial automation and Industry 4.0 in Brazil.
- In October 2020, our distributor in Brazil completed its new factory and plans to build an electromechanical integrative product training and show center to promote HIWIN's system components.
Vietnam & Emerging Asian Markets
- HIWIN collaborates with local distributors to promote products in Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia. We are also helping the manufacturing industry in Southeast Asia transition to precision manufacturing through Total Solutions.
HIWIN and our distributor in Malaysia
- In May 2021, amidst the pandemic, HIWIN participated in Russia's large machine tool exhibition - Metalloobrabotka 2021 - to serve our customers. Accompanied by local distributors and system integrators, we promoted new HIWIN products and electromechanical products. HIWIN is an integrated electromechanical solutions supplier, and our product offerings can be broadly applied to various industries in Russia. We hope to ensure higher customer satisfaction through professional technical services and diverse products.
Matrix Precision Co., Ltd.
- In April 2015, Matrix Precision Co., Ltd. (formerly Luren Precision Co., Ltd.) joined the HIWIN Corporation.
- In 2018, Matrix Precision Co. Ltd. collaborated with Matrix Corp., Britain's largest manufacturer of thread grinding machines for ball screws, to design, research, and develop a Total Solution for customers. Matrix brought on board their wealth of experience in research, development, and manufacturing.
- On June 26th, 2019, Luren Precision Co., Ltd. was renamed Matrix Precision Co., Ltd. HIWIN's subsidiary in Shanghai was also relocated to Suzhou during the same time and renamed Matrix Precisions Co., Ltd., Suzhou to develop the market in China. After the vertical integration of HIWIN Corporation resources, Matrix was able to provide high-quality and professional services through precision processes, innovation, and integrated marketing capabilities. Matrix now strives to become a world-leading manufacturer of high-valued-added machine tools.
- In 2022 Q1, Matrix machines will be transformed and upgraded. The Manufacturing Team was able to successfully enhance product quality and precision levels, developing a smart grinding software function. The revamped machines are an added value that can boost our customer's progression to a smart future.
Matrix Precision Co., Ltd.
Matrix factory in Fengshan Industrial Park, Hsinchu County
Eterbright Solar Corporation
- Eterbright Solar Corporation is a subsidiary funded and founded by HIWIN in 2010. Based in Toufen City, Miaoli County, the subsidiary specializes in cadmium-free processes and CIGS thinfilm PV modules.
- Eterbright Solar Corporation selected CIGS (Cu, In, Ga, Se) technologies for its first foray into the solar industry. Eterbright CIGS modules demonstrate high photoelectric conversion efficiency and outstanding performance of low-light power generation thanks to high absorption. Our modules have unique advantages, e.g., the manufacturing process poses a smaller environmental impact, modules consume less energy, and the EPT (energy payback time) is also shorter. Eterbright endeavors to become a company that truly champions green energy to make greater contributions to the planet and mankind.
- In addition to R&D units in Taiwan, Eterbright has also brought HIWIN's R&D teams from Germany and Israel on board to co-develop Building Integrated PV (BIPV) products. The German and Israeli teams were brought on board to join the Taiwan team to preserve our Taiwanese roots and the Made in Taiwan spirit. Eterbright strives to advance PV products and broadly apply them to architecture and residential buildings, allowing architectural aesthetics to become one with renewable energies.
- Main Products: New high-performance CIGS thin-film PV modules, ePower tiles, and ePower Façade.
Eterbright's ePower tiles