Customer Service & Satisfaction
Customer satisfaction is a company's most fundamental responsibility and its most powerful marketing tool and message. HIWIN surveys, regularly visits, interacts, and provides outstanding preand after-sales services to customers. Our efforts ensure that customers feel safe choosing HIWIN products and urge HIWIN to continue improving. We have also successfully helped customers make their products more competitive in the global market.
HIWIN provides excellent customer services in the form of outstanding products, effective services, high order fill rates, and diverse product offerings. At the same time, HIWIN gives customers insight into product characteristics and specifications, collaborating with customers to develop products and technologies for end users. We respond quickly to customer feedback and seek to gain an in-depth understanding of their demands, which can help advance HIWIN's R&D capabilities, manufacturing quality, and customer satisfaction.
The Business Department engages with customers to collect their suggestions, feedback, and demands. The information is then compiled into written reports or presentations by the Business Department and will then serve as a reference for the R&D Department when developing products. The Quality Assurance Department will check product quality, send any feedback to the Manufacturing Department, and regularly convene quality control meetings to discuss manufacturing processes that require changes. The Business Department and Manufacturing Department will regularly convene Production-Marketing Coordination Meetings to share the latest lead-time demands by customers and available materials on the production line. Units responsible for production management will coordinate communication and pass on the latest information to effectively control production schedules to ensure order fill rates.
- HIWIN is a global corporation with subsidiaries and distributors all over the world. All product sales and branding comply with local regulations and respect local cultures and values. We also strictly forbid any illegitimate competitive practices and unfair business practices.
- HIWIN is a world-leading brand in motion control and system technologies. We sell our products globally under our own HIWIN brand. The Company is composed of a Global Marketing Business Group that is responsible for product sales and marketing; Industrial Design Team and Planning Team for corporate identity and branding; and an IP Team to cross-check product designs and prevent the sales of any prohibited or controversial products.
- At HIWIN, marketing is largely achieved through trade fairs, sponsoring charities or charity events, the Company's website, press releases, conferences, magazine ads, the media, and other events. We provide information on HIWIN's operations and management to relevant people and the public through the channels mentioned above.
Channels to Increase Customer Satisfaction
HIWIN values customer feedback and suggestions. As such, we provide diverse communication channels for customers to give feedback. We also regularly visit customers, manage customer relations through distributions, and issue satisfaction surveys to collect information and provide analysis for improvements to further increase customer satisfaction.
- Customer satisfaction survey results
- HIWIN's customer satisfaction survey is product-oriented and targets major customers around the world. The 2021 customer satisfaction survey exhibited continued growth from 2019 and 2020 in product quality, pre-sales services, and after-sales services, indicating that HIWIN delivers comprehensive product consultation services and can fulfill customer demands in pre-sales assessment, after-sales training, and technical support. Compared to the last two years, customer satisfaction in product packaging and lead times suffered a minor decrease. HIWIN will strengthen employee training, improve product packaging, and increase the percentage of automated processes to increase product quality and shorten lead times to help us meet customer expectations.
- HIWIN will continue to improve in all areas based on data collected from the customer satisfaction survey. For pre-sales and after-sales services, HIWIN will continue to roll out product training and participate in trade fairs and technical conferences to support the growing product offering in recent years. We will strengthen employee understanding of our diverse product offerings in subsidiaries and distributors around the world. HIWIN has a global and diversified presence. Given this presence, we will actively promote our products, give customers real-time feedback, and increase the quality of pre-sales and after-sales services.
- HIWIN will provide active services by studying customer demands and sharing our latest upgrades with customers. We strive to create a differentiated competitive edge and to provide innovative values through active services. To complement our efforts, we will also optimize internal processes and innovate manufacturing processes for daily operations. We seek to upgrade from ensuring quality to enhancing quality and actively provide customers with comprehensive solutions.
- Frequency of customer satisfaction surveys
Customer satisfaction is a comprehensive indicator of a company's performance in products, sales activities, and service support. Using customer satisfaction levels as an important indicator of corporate competitiveness can also become a source for companies to continue generating profits. Customer satisfaction surveys are issued annually according to implementation projects and department operations projects of segmented surveys. The survey is then completed within the project year so that we can derive data for comparison and analysis.
- Survey technique standards
HIWIN issues a customer satisfaction survey each October. Samples are collected between the previous and present year's survey date. Once we've collected samples, we will compile an analysis report on the sampled data. The survey largely focuses on: (A) Product Quality, (B) Product Lead Time, (C) Product Packaging, (D) Pre-sales Services, and (E) After-sales Services.
- Customer feedback system
Develop a customer satisfaction feedback system to regularly track customer satisfaction levels. Use information derived from survey data to formulate targets, continue improving, and set milestones to measure progress. The milestones will also help us adjust targets and directions.
- Customer satisfaction tracking system
The Business Department will review and handle any reports of customer dissatisfaction and customer suggestions internally through management review meetings. The responsible unit will be responsible for analyzing the root cause of the problem, offering corrective measures, and tracking improvements.
Customer Satisfaction Process Flow
Number of Cases where Products and Services Violate Market Communication Regulations or Internal Regulations
- 0 cases of selling prohibited or controversial products in 2021.
- 0 cases of stakeholders questioning or openly debating about HIWIN's primary products in 2021.
Heavy Fines Imposed for Regulatory Violations for the Provision and Use of Products and Services
- NT$0 in fines for violating health and safety regulations or internal regulations during the product or service's life cycle in 2021.
- NT$0 in fines for selling prohibited or controversial products in 2021.
Short-, Mid-, and Long-term Targets